Welcome To Odinist Forum Forums The Runes Do You Use The Runes?

Tagged: ,

7 replies, 4 voices Last updated by James Odinson James Odinson 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    James Odinson
    James Odinson
    Keymaster
    • Topics Created 8
    • Total posts 29
    @admin

Do you use the runes in any way whatsoever?

Do you use them for magical purposes?
    Do you use them for divination purposes, or to get advice and guidance from?
    Do you ever use them for writing or art?
    Or do you not have any interest in them at all?

The last Viking
    • Topics Created 4
    • Total posts 14
    @Julle the last Viking

I use them a lot, in fact, most of my body are covered in them, my entire left arm, my chest, stomach and ribs, my neck, behind my left eye and my left hand… mostly I use them for magic purpose, or ceremonial, even one of my swords have runes on it, however I don’t use them for normal writing unless it is to be connected to the gods.

But mostly for the magic purpose, since it is through the runes one draws the power of the gods by connecting them to either oneself or the object one wish to strengthen.

How about you?

James Odinson
    James Odinson
    Keymaster
    • Topics Created 8
    • Total posts 29
    @admin

I’ve tried using them in the past for divination purposes, but they are not suited to it and it’s not what they are meant to be used for. It seems to be a new hippy Wicca type thing that they try to replace the iching with runes because they think that it is more “pagan”.

I’ve also used them for magical purposes, but I didn’t get the required results. I put that down to the fact that I was asking the gods to do something for me, which I now believe is never a good idea.

I believe that the gods give us the strength and wisdom to do for ourselves, and aren’t there to do things for us. Although I do think that Odin intervenes where he sees fit. But I believe that he gives me what I need, not what I want.

So for that reason I’ve stopped using them altogether.

I use an Odin’s spear pendant in a similar way to the way that you describe the runes connecting us to the gods. I also have a valknut tattooed on my left chest to keep Odin next to my heart.

Andrea Stanford
    Participant
    • Topics Created 0
    • Total posts 2
    @Andrea
    1. I use runes for magical purposes. But I don’t use them daily and I don’t rely on them to “fix” things.
    2. For instance last week I was sick. I am very susceptible to bronchitis and it very quickly turning to pneumonia. The doctors pump me full of medicines and they don’t seem to help anymore. So this time I made a rune and gave it a small blood sacrifice (my own blood) asked to help take the sickness from my body and put it under my pillow. The next morning I was 100% better. This never happens to me. I will normally be sick for weeks on in if I rely on modern medicine.
    3. So I use them as tool to help aid in healing. Rather it be from a physical sickness or an emotional one.
    James Odinson
    James Odinson
    Keymaster
    • Topics Created 8
    • Total posts 29
    @admin

That’s interesting Andrea.

When you use the runes, do you think that it is you doing the magic, and the runes are some sort of amplifying tool?

Or do you think, as many Odinists do, that using the runes is making a request of the gods, and the gods reply and, in this case, heal you?

And if that’s the case, do you view the blood sacrifice as a gift for a gift?

Andrea Stanford
    Participant
    • Topics Created 0
    • Total posts 2
    @Andrea

Well…a little bit of both honestly. It is me doing the magic and the runes are an enhancing tool. And also it is a gift for a gift. I give the blood as a gift for them to help me (also looked at as the gods gifting me). But a lot,of people will blooden a piece of jewelry that they wear. They will meditate and pray to the Gods and then add their blood to the jewelry. They do this to give the jewelry their essence and to put a piece of them in the jewelry. So the rune is kinda the same thing. But asking for a specific thing. You can also use other thing for an offer other than blood but blood is your life source and so there for the strongest offering if that makes sense.

John M Jones
    John M Jones
    Participant
    • Topics Created 0
    • Total posts 3
    @JohnJ

Yes, lots, and the funny thing is, they are always, and I mean always, spot on for the question/situation I am asking about.

It matters not which rune casting system I use, they all give the same result when I enquire: be it a physical cast, or using an App on my phone, always correct, and always the same answers if I consult in more than one way…..

Its really freaky actually, and I am constantly amazed at how accurate the result is, but to extend to phone apps really did surprise me…….

Not much more for me to say, other than it works, every damned time 🙂

James Odinson
    James Odinson
    Keymaster
    • Topics Created 8
    • Total posts 29
    @admin

That’s interesting John.

Obviously the runes were never originally made to be a divination system. The runes were originally individual magic spells. Do you ever use them in that manner?

I’m interested in the app though. I’m going to google it now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.