4 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  The last Viking 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The last Viking
    • Topics Created 4
    • Total posts 14
    @Julle the last Viking

Hello brothers and sisters, what do you think of the other religions of the world, as a whole… do you condemn them as being wrong, or do you accept them as being real gods for other people of different origin than our own? And what’s your take on atheism?

James Odinson
    James Odinson
    Keymaster
    • Topics Created 8
    • Total posts 29
    @admin

I personally believe that the older religions such as Hinduism and Taoism etc are true religions.

Hinduism is recorded as having been brought to India by white European settlers, who taught the natives about their pagan gods and their practices of meditation and ancestor worship.

Some Heathens say that the Hindu, Taoist, ancient Greek, and ancient Roman gods are all true existing gods. Just not our gods.
    Other Heathens claim that all of those gods are the same gods as ours, just adapted to different cultures. So Zeus, Jupiter, and Brahma, would simply be other names for Odin, and the myths created about all of the gods would be just that. Human created myths.

I personally have no opinion on that specific argument. For me, I call Odin Odin, and dedicate myself totally. What others do in other cultures is irrelevant to me, and I would never try to convince an Indian to start sacrificing to Odin.

In regards to the three monotheistic religions, I have different views. I don’t personally know enough about Judaism to pass comment, but I do know that Christianity is just a collection of Odinist stories that have been stolen and rebranded.

Odin hung on the tree and pierced with a spear became jesus hung on a cross and pierced with a spear.

Sigurd the dragon slayer became saint George the dragon slayer.

The winter solstice became Christmas.

They didn’t even bother to change the name of Easter.

And there was certainly no-one in bethlehem called Jesus, as there is no letter J in the hebrew alphabet.

Although the Christian bible does accept the existence of multiple gods.
    Corinthians 8: For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

And it seems that Islam was created after it was seen how the Roman empire used Christianity to unite and control its people, and they wanted their own version to help to build their own empire.

Honestly my opinion of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam is that they are simply control mechanisms.

Personally I have no problem with Atheism at all. If they’re fortunate enough to receive a call home to their gods and answer it, then I believe it will improve their lives, but if not, then Atheism causes no harm to anyone else, so good luck to them.

What’s your opinion Julle?

The last Viking
    • Topics Created 4
    • Total posts 14
    @Julle the last Viking

I believe that if our gods teach us anything then the most basic fact is that there is more than one of them, and even more than just one clan, for instance, the Aesir and Vanir… thus I believe that all religions (more or less) are possible, however I stay true to my gods, since I believe that the different religions are made and existing for their particular people, thus I hear my Gods but not the Christian God or the greek Gods for example, I think they are connected by blood, and ancestors, talk to the wrong Gods and you’ll get no answers, talk to the right ones and answers will come… I do however agree that some religions give me the feeling of being made more for control than enlightenment, like Christianity amongst some other, and I don’t like them one bit, but then I’m speaking of the religion and not the people believing in them (all though some are just plain arrogant assholes), all in all, I believe religion should be treated as a cock, it’s ok to have one, it’s even ok to be proud of having one, but it’s not ok to wave it around town, or to shove it down the throats of children… religion is by my accord a highly spiritual connection, one either feels it, and hear their gods, or they don’t… therefore I have no interest about affecting others beliefs more than what wisdom I can gain from talking to them and listening to their point of view while sharing my own… atheism in itself I have no problem with, since their beliefs does not affect my relationship with our gods, but those of them who indulge in mockery of religion, trying to drag science into the equation disgust me since I find them very arrogant and narrow-minded, they tend though to be easily broken in their arguments with a few well-aimed questions wich usually shuts them up rather quickly, so I usually pay them little if any attention.

James Odinson
    James Odinson
    Keymaster
    • Topics Created 8
    • Total posts 29
    @admin

I’m really interested in knowing what well aimed questions you use Julle?

The last Viking
    • Topics Created 4
    • Total posts 14
    @Julle the last Viking

Well, it all depends on what they say and how the conversation comes about, but to make a few examples…

I usually start by saying that the absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence… from there I start to ask questions, and ask is the keyword (you want to force them into a state of thinking and reflection upon their words)… for instance, if they say evolution disproves religion, I ask if they or anyone else has ever seen or proven evolution, answer being simply no, they have merely made theories of it, Darwin usually being the root of it… if they try to disprove the gods by for instance saying that we know how thunder is made thanks to science and therefore thors hammer creating it is impossible, I merely ask them if it’s possible for a being of higher knowledge to know that too, and if a being of higher knowledge know how lightning is made, is it then possible that with that said knowledge they might also know how to manipulate said lightning at will, much like us by understanding the rules of aerodynamics are able to fly, i then ask them if they can explain the difference between a human and a horse in a way that the horse truly understand the complex difference of our intelligence and how we are able to create and manipulate our surroundings into homes, electronics etc etc… they usually say no, and I ask why even though the answer is obvious, because of the limitations of their intelligence… I then simply ask if it’s possible that the same rules of limitation are at work between us and the existence of gods… then if they really piss me of (though I make sure to stay calm during the conversation, cause nothing pisses them off more than you being calm while destroying their arguments with the same smile they tend to have) I ask if they are illiterate, they usually say no, and then I explain to them that atheism is the denying of the existence of gods, wich is impossible, since to be able to say with all certainty that gods do not exist, one would have to contain a higher level of knowledge and understanding of the universe and all the life it contains than any human possess, wich would more or less make said person a god and automatically disprove themselves in the process, and therefore they are not atheist as they proclaim but instead are illiterate agnostics, they do not know if there are gods or not but do not themselves feel any connection or need for them, however, admit that it is unprovable, to begin with and since they can’t even prove their own arguments out of their lack of the capacity of self-thinking and reflection but instead turn into parrots who merely are repeating what they’ve heard and taken as truth by nothing more than faith in said words, they’d be wise to keep their mouths shut so as not to embarrass themselves in front of a more intelligent adversary and the crowd listening in on the conversation since it’s clear now that they themselves do understand how faith works at least, even though they still do not understand the spiritual part of being… but that’s ok, since it’s their choice to limit themselves to simply believing what they are told instead of thinking for themselves, but if they want to attain more wisdom and knowledge I strongly recommend they start meditating and learn more about themselves.

I hope this is helpful to you, and keep in mind this is simply how I do it out of my own opinion of things

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.