Welcome To Odinist Forum Forums Odinist Forum Welcome And Rules Welcome: Community and Rules

3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by John M Jones John M Jones 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James Odinson
    James Odinson
    Keymaster
    • Topics Created 8
    • Total posts 29
    @admin

This forum has been created to allow all Odinists everywhere to be able to meet, discuss, and debate, the practice of the old ways.

Hopefully this forum will serve to spread our great religion to more of our our people, and will allow practitioners from remote places who don’t have regular contact with other Odinists to become a part of a community.

All subjects of discussion are welcome and allowed. We won’t all agree with each other about everything, but we can respect each other’s loyalty to the old Gods and the old ways whether we agree on everything or not, so try to keep things relatively civil, and remember that we are all brothers and sisters in the kinship of Odin and the Aesir.

So join our Forum, even if only to say hello, and help to build our community and spread our faith.

John M Jones
    John M Jones
    Participant
    • Topics Created 0
    • Total posts 3
    @JohnJ

Hi to all who read this 🙂

I consider myself a confirmed Heathen, and see a huge gulf between the terms Pagan and Heathen.

I have no time for Pagans and Paganism, which was invented in the 1930’s if I remember correctly….?

Anyhow, also a member of the Odinist Fellowship, and numerous FaceBook Groups, primarily Griming, where I have met many who I consider friends. Also a member of ASA.

I gave my promise to Odin some years back, at a Blot, formally, and he has been with me ever since: I relate to the Allfather mainly, but recognise that he is a complex figure, and mercy is not his strong point…..

I try to widen my breadth and knowledge of Odinism as best I can, but its a lonely path for me, and I have only one good friend who shares our beliefs, more is the pitty……..

Another acquaintance is very knowledgeable, but has his head up his ass most of the time, and has problems separating reality from fantasy, which is a shame, and his commitment is small and infrequent, which is a shame.

I have started working through “Galderbok” by Johnson and Wallis {see Amazon for details} but doing so on ones own is not easy, but I do believe in Magic, or whatever term you want to use, and I would dearly like to do it with others….. so, anybody fancy going it a go as a group? You don’t need a physical copy of the book, as its available in its most recent form as a pdf from Google Store, I think, but a search should turn it up…. physical copies of the book go for £1,000 on Amazon, so I consider myself lucky to have one, bought on eBay from one of Group who authored it, for £30 or £40, but, I must stress, the pdf copy is actually much better, but it took days to print it off!!!!!

Here to share and help, so, if I can be of assistance to anyone, ask away 🙂

iain patrick mc caron
    Participant
    • Topics Created 0
    • Total posts 1
    @iainpatrickmccaron

Hi, brothers and sisters, just a quick hello to introduce myself, my name is Iain and I live in a very remote part of southwest Scotland {lucky me} I have followed the heathen path for about ten years now and am content in my belief that it is the one true path,i’m a member of the hearth of the raven a small but dedicated group, but as you can appreciate it’s very difficult finding like minded folk in such a remote place, but we do our best to honour our gods and goddesses, in hope of a fruitful relationship,i bid you all waes hael, Iain.

John M Jones
    John M Jones
    Participant
    • Topics Created 0
    • Total posts 3
    @JohnJ

Hi John! Very pleased to see you here 🙂

It will become what we make of it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.