Welcome To Odinist Forum Forums Historical Discussions Your nation, our history…

3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  The last Viking 6 months, 1 week ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

The last Viking
    • Topics Created 4
    • Total posts 14
    @Julle the last Viking

My question is simple, how do your people (from a national p.o.v) talk about and perceive the old Vikings of history… for example, I’m Scandinavian, living in Scandinavia, thus my people since it’s our ancestors home of origin and we are their descendants still living and fighting for our home today still feel and talk about our history with pride and honor and in a positive way… even though we know most outside nations only looked upon us with fear because we weren’t the nicest people to run into under the wrong circumstances… this makes me curious about how your nations look upon us from then in today’s society, since it’s a long time ago and we’ve been peaceful the last 2-300 years

James Odinson
    James Odinson
    Keymaster
    • Topics Created 8
    • Total posts 29
    @admin

From an English point of view, I think that we view the ancient Scandinavians with pride.

Don’t forget, the original Teutonic tribes spread west in the form of the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes, to originally found England (Angle land) and the Vikings then brought Odinism back to our land after the Anglo-Saxons had converted to Christianity, and ruled half of our country and contributed heavily to our gene pool.

In fact, when modern geneticists test our genetics, they literally cannot tell the difference between Anglo-Saxon and Viking genes, as they were the same Teutonic people who had moved north and west respectively.

It was also a Teutonic tribe, the Rus, who moved east and founded Russia. The Normans who later conquered England were the same Teutons, Normans = Northmen.

This extract is from the Odinist Fellowship.

WHO ARE THE TEUTONS?

The Teutonic or Germanic peoples comprise a number of nations and tribes of northern Europe, possessing a common origin and sharing many cultural affinities, who speak one or other of the Germanic languages. Their modern representatives include the Germans, Dutch, Flemings, Danes, Swedes, Norwegians and Icelanders, as well as the Anglo-Saxons of England and lowland Scotland – and all their descendants in the New World. Among important Germanic tribes of ancient times we can number the Ostrogoths, Visigoths, Lombards, Franks, Burgundians and Vandals. All of these nations were originally worshippers of the gods and goddesses of the Odinic pantheon.

So really we see you as at least our cousins, if not our brothers, and a lot of Odinists have a very romantic notion of the vikings as the people who brought the true religion back.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by James Odinson James Odinson.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by James Odinson James Odinson.

Eric the Grey
    Participant
    • Topics Created 0
    • Total posts 2
    @ErictheGrey

Unfortunately from the United States POV, a lot of people use it for their own agenda of hate and are misguided of the true old ways.

The last Viking
    • Topics Created 4
    • Total posts 14
    @Julle the last Viking

Eric the grey… it makes me sad to hear that’s how they use it today… but I was thinking more of how for instance you talk about the Vikings (Scandinavians) of history, in for example school, not the followers in modern time but the originals.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.